September is usually a great weather month on the Greenway and we have a new mural being installed as well as great events all month long.
Thanks to State Street for their generous support of our events season.
Join us for park'd - September 9, 2014 6-9 pm
Join us for the first ever park'd – a night at the Greenway Carousel featuring unlimited Carousel rides, live music by the Swinging Johnsons, pizza by Stoked Pizza and 2 drink tickets. Tickets are $30, they are limited and you can purchase them here.
Our Greenway Carousel is open daily. Details on hours, birthday parties and more on our Carousel page. Family Friendly shows (example: magic) are free on Saturdays and Sundays at 2 and 4 pm.
Fountains and Water Features. Our 7 fountains and water features will open Memorial Day weekend and operate daily through Columbus Day weekend.
Greenway Mobile Eats - Food trucks, trikes and carts are located in specific locations along the Greenway, including Dewey Square Park, Rowes Wharf Plaza, Rings Fountain and the North End. Our daily schedule is here. Generally, Dewey Square food vending does not occur on July 4th.
The Farmers' Markets at Dewey Square Park (Tuesdays and Thursdays) as well as the North End (Greenway) on Mondays and Wednesdays are organized by the Boston Public Market Association. We've listed vendors for these markets here.
September Programs and Events
Check our Google calendar (displayed at right) for a full updated listing of events.
In the North End Parks (located between Sudbury and North Streets):
- Boston Public Market Greenway Farmer's Market - sidewalk outside Boston Public Market, 136 Blackstone Street Mondays and Wednesdays 11am to 6pm
- MSL Pilates Bootcamp - Mondays (Sept. 8 & Sept. 22) 6:30-7:15pm
- North End Fitness Together Bootcamp Tuesdays 6pm – 6:45pm
- Beantown Bootcamp – September 3, 6pm
- North End Yoga – Saturday, September 6 10:30am
- Labyrinth Walk at the Armenian Heritage Park- Sept. 3, 7:30am & Sept. 17, 12:30pm
- Sunday Afternoon at Armenian Heritage Park for Families & Friends! 2 -4pm
- National Public Lands Day Park-Wide Volunteer Project: Saturday, September 27th, 9:00am-12:00pm, email email@example.com to register.
In the Wharf District Parks (located between Clinton and High Streets)
- Greenway Carousel, Daily 11 am to 7 pm Sunday-Thursday (to 9pm Friday and Saturdays)
- Greenway Carousel Family Fun shows (magic, etc.) 2 and 4 pm, Saturdays and Sundays
- Park’d- An 80’s throwback party at the greenway carousel. Sept. 9, 6pm-9pm
Tickets at www.rfkgc.org/events
- Boston Harbor Islands Pavilion, open daily 9am-4:30pm
- Greenway Open Market - Saturdays 11am-5pm (State St to India St) Enjoy our open air artisan craft market, explore downtown Boston and shop for something truly original. The Greenway Open Market is a juried market, organized by New England Open Markets. Read their Vendor Information Page before you submit an application.
- Food Trucks and carts:
- Rowes Wharf Plaza - Mon-Fri, 11 am to 3 pm
- Rings Fountain @ Milk St - Mon-Fri, 11am to 3 pm
- Carts and Trikes - selected weekdays and weekends at the Greenway Carousel and Rings Fountain.
In the Fort Point Channel Parks (located between Oliver and Congress Streets):
- Langham Loop Walk - Tuesdays, Thursdays 7:30 am - Corner of Oliver and Purchase Sts.
- Boston Local Food Festival–Sunday, September 14 11am –5pm a free outdoor festival that showcases farmers, local restaurants, food trucks, specialty food producers, fisher folks, and organizations focusing on healthy food and fitness from New England http://bostonlocalfoodfestival.com
- 9/11 Service Project Care Packages – Thursday, Sept. 11th , 11am – 2pm, to donate or volunteer please visit www.massmilitaryheroes.org
- 9/11 Greenway Brush Hour Service Project-Thursday, Sept. 11th, 5:30pm-7:30pm, email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
Dewey Square Park (located between Congress and Summer Streets):
- Food Trucks - Monday through Friday, 11 am to 3 pm (6 vendors on M,W,F, 2 vendors plus Farmer's Market Tue and Thu)
- Boston Public Market Dewey Sq. Farmer's Market-Tuesdays, Thursdays 11:30-6:30pm
- Boston Calling Block Party - Thursdays 5-8 pm, weather permitting
- Shinique Smith Meet & Greet at the Boston Calling Block Party. Thursday, Sept. 11 from 5pm -8pm. Come meet the artist behind the new Dewey Mural!
- Clover Movie Nights- Wed. Sept. 10 & Sept. 24 @dusk on the Dewey lawn.
- Mural Celebration. Tuesday, Sept. 23rd from 4pm -7pm. More information at www.rfkgc.org/events (rain date Thursday, Sept. 24, 12noon – 2pm)
Chinatown Park (located between Essex and Beach Streets):
- Chinatown Main Streets Lantern Festival- Saturday, Sept. 6th, 12pm -10pm
- Films at the Gate – Friday – Sunday, Sept. 12 -14, 7:30pm. For details on films playing visit http://www.filmsatthegate.org/
Back to top